Urology is the field of medicine that is about the diseases and disorders of the male and female urinary tract. Specialists in Urology in Fort Myers are doctors who practice in the treatment of diseases and conditions concerning the urinary system, including the bladder, kidney, ureter, urethra, and adrenal glands. In men, they treat all diseases related to the penis, prostate, epididymis, seminal vesicles, and the testes. They also do surgeries if required to eliminate cancer or a blockage in the urinary tract.
When should you consult a urologist?
You can consult a urologist for all mild urinary problems such as- varying from urinary tract infections (UTI) to critical ailments like cancer. In maximum cases, your primary doctor suggests you consult a urologist if your symptoms stay for a long period or don’t improve.
Symptoms of Urological Issues
Given below is a list of symptoms that show that you have a problem in the urinary tract and need to visit a urologist.
- When you observe blood in the urine, a condition also called hematuria
- A recurring need to pee urgently
- Burning sensation or discomfort during urination
- Difficulty urinating
- If you encounter pain in your lower back, pelvis, or sides
- Urine leakage
- Weak urine flow, dribbling
If you are a man and have the symptoms that are mentioned below, you must consult Advanced Urology Associates of Florida.
- A reduction in sexual desires
- A lump in one of the testicles
- Difficulty getting and maintaining an erection